So I've been at home all weekend. At first I was kind of annoyed at the idea of having to be in Charlotte this weekend, because it sounded like a hassle..especially since I'll be back in like, two and a half weeks for Thanksgiving. But, see, I had to get fitted for/order scrubs for clinicals next semester, and the deadline to do that is Wednesday, so it was pretty necessary that I get it done.
But, you know what, it's been really good to be at home this weekend. On Friday, I just spent the evening hanging out with my folks, which is a lot of what I did all summer, and it was really nice. I went to bed at oldpersontime (11:30) and it was actually kind of great. There has been a fire in the fireplace all weekend (because, in contrast to the 75 degree bubble that is Wilmington, it is actually cold in other parts of the state.
I got to see a group of high school friends last night -- some of which I hadn't seen in nearly a year. Maybe more. One of them is getting married in March. He invited me to the wedding and gave me a "save the date" magnet, which is cute. I'm generally against anyone getting married before their late 20s, (because, lets be honest, you can live your life and enjoy being young and independent, and marriage will still be there five years later. The only difference is that you end up being married for say, 50 years instead of 55 -- if you're lucky, anyway. Is that really so bad, though? I don't think so.) But, it's kind of different with Jeff. He's almost 24 and has had a real job for a couple of years now and bought a house earlier this year, and I think he actually is ready to be married and do that whole song and dance -- so good for him.
I have spent the entire day today in front of the fire (yay!) watching movies on HBO with my dog. And I don't feel bad about it at all, because I have three tests this week.
I'm kind of looking forward to Thanksgiving now.

No comments:
Post a Comment