02 March 2010

An open letter to Mother Nature

Dear Snow,

The eight year old version of myself would be so disappointed in me for this -- but, enough is enough. This just isn't working for me anymore, for a couple of reasons:

1. It's been raining almost non-stop since October. We get it. It's wet. We're sorry we complained about the droughts in summers past, but enough is enough. Now that the rain is frozen, my negative feelings regarding any kind of precipitation have been exacerbated. Just, enough.

2. I'm supposed to have a final exam tomorrow. As you may have heard, I also have a plane ticket for a flight that departs at 0600 Friday morning, and if my final tomorrow gets rescheduled due to this weather, everything will be ruined. So STOP. IT.

3. Until this madness stops, I can't wear these babies:


So, cut it out. You're dismissed.

Sincerely,

Shivering in Charlotte
Catherine Burris, Age 22.

No comments: