18 April 2010

Oh hi there.

Um, so... it's been a good month since I last blogged (well, here, anyway.)

School has just been nuts since this rotation started. Pediatrics has really grown on me (to clarify, I thought I would love it, kind of actually hated it at first, and have now grown to really enjoy it after getting the hang of it. Whew.) Included in the month of April alone: 5 tests, 1 presentation, and 1 project. Are you frickin kidding me? It probably goes without saying that I've been crazy busy with school while simultaneously managing to maintain my relationships.

The good news is that I only have two more 0430 wake up calls left and that I don't have to do any clinical prep work EVER again! Jesus. It's been a long year and a half, but before long I'll be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

ALSO, THE BEST NEWS EVER:

I have the entire summer off from school. WHOA. I should qualify that by saying that I have to take a lit class, but it's online and therefore doesn't count. Woot. With the exception of this past Christmas, I haven't had any real time off since I started nursing school. Anyway, from May 5th until August 23rd I've got a break.

Conveniently, since our peds final (our LAST final of all the intermediate level nursing rotations is on Cinco de Mayo, I propose tequila shots in the parking deck when shit's over.

Who's with me?

No comments: