Okay, so I have a lot of opportunities in my every day life to say stupid things. Most of the time though, I just think them and stop myself before they surface. It works out nicely because it keeps me from looking like a total moron most of the time. Well, I guess you could say I went on spring break and forgot to turn the filter back on because today I was lucky enough to say something completely asinine in the presence of my whole class. It went something like this: (note: miss c and holidae have already heard this story, but I don't know who the hell else reads the bullshit I post here so I figure I'll share it all over again.)
Professor (standing at the computer messing with it): "does anyone know what to do with a frozen mouse?"
Me (not even taking a moment to think that she was talking about the computer, responds very matter-of-factly): "You boil it."
Professor (what the fuck are you talking about expression, mentally scratching her head): "..What? This mouse!" (pointing at the computer mouse) "That was the most literal answer." (messes with the computer some more, then turns back to me) "Why would you boil a frozen mouse?"
Me: (shrugs) "I have a pet lizard."
Professor: "You cook your lizard dinner??"
Me: "No, I don't feed mine mice, but I know people who do."
_______________________________________________
That was basically the end of our awkward interaction. Everyone in the class must have been like what the FUCK.
the end. I feel like I've blogged a lot lately.

3 comments:
so mooresville.. confused the shit out of me.. because i was like-- i live 10 minutes from there.. but then i realized.. i live 10 minutes from morrisville. how odd is it that NC has a mooresville and a morrisville... lol.??
lol. i love you immeasurably.
i had already heard this story, but it still made me laugh.
Post a Comment