14 July 2008

hey.

I can't find my copy of Catcher in the Rye anywhere. I'd like to read it again, but after scouring my room from top to bottom, there is no Salinger to be found. It would be worth buying again, though. I'll end up replacing my copy of What's Eating Gilbert Grape as well, as it is also M.I.A., and has been for quite some time now.

On a different note, I damn near [accidentally] killed myself last night as I was driving home. It had been raining for most of my trip, so the roads were wet. In addition to the darkness, some low fog was hovering over the asphalt. So when my little car came careening down a hill, I didn't see the tree down in the middle of the road until it was almost too late. My tires screeched as I hydroplaned towards the tree, and I ended up just barely missing it. Still, it was scary though, and I was still shaky when I got home about three minutes later. The tree itself was large enough that I prefer not to think about what may have happened, had I not been able to stop.





Why is everyone getting married?



PS, I miss the beach.

2 comments:

tyler holidae said...

the beach misses you too. OMG im scared of what happened to you- that made my heart jump. i don't know what i would have done. thats terrifying. you need to get online now so i can tell about this place im living. :) i would have called more frequently, but im so exhausted and every time i get a second wind i go back for more of my crap. ALMOST all of it is here now though. YAYYYY

tyler holidae said...

also, i have a whole set of salinger books. you may borrow them if youre just in the mood to read them. but i can understand wanting to replace them in your collection. lol