I'm tired of working.
Tired tired tired.
I miss having days off in the middle of the week, sleeping late, meeting my friends, not having all of my time scheduled. I need to keep saving the money though, so I guess I'll keep working.
I'm thinking about working a night shift at the hospital next week (7p-7a.) It sounds repulsive at first, BUT:
- there is a lot less going on at night than there is during the day (no procedures, families are gone for the most part, patients are sleeping and not asking for shit constantly)
- I get paid a differential for working after 3pm
- I haven't worked at the hospital in about a month, and I'm contracted to work at least 24 hours every 6 weeks. it looks like I need to get on the ball.
So we'll see. I'd have to try to sleep during the day. and I haven't worked a 12 hour shift since fall break last year, when I worked two back to back.. but it was day shift, so it was much busier. It was dark when I got to work and dark when I left. Anyway, I think it might be worth a try, just this once.
Moving on, though. The more I think about moving back to Charlotte in December, the more terrified I become. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Charlotte. I do. I love everything Charlotte has to offer. It's a really great city to live in. There are tons of great restaurants, there are always plays and musicals running here, there are a number of different concert venues (and most tours ALWAYS stop in Charlotte, for the most part,) the hospital I work for makes the list every year for the U.S. News & World Report's 100 best hospitals in the country, we have just about every sport worth watching... Charlotte is a great place. BUT - the idea of moving in with my parents again makes me want to vomit. And I love my parents more than I love Charlotte, but I think that adjusting to living here full-time again, after being on my own for the better part of the past three years is going to be a bitch. I'm always happy here during the summer, but IT'S NOT THE SAME. During the summer, I know I'm here for three months and then I'm going back to Wilmington. Back to my apartment. Back to my space, and my friends, and my privacy. Back to my life.
So with all of that said, I'm terrified of living at home again. Lately my father and I have been spending entirely too much time together.
This past Thursday night, the gentleman that I'm seeing booked our flight to go to Chicago the weekend of September 19th. I'm very excited. I don't know if my parents are or not.
Also, I'm currently 12 lbs lighter than I was the last time I saw you people. Huzzah!
I think that's enough blogging for one Saturday...

1 comment:
the thought of you leaving literally exhausts me.
why did you pay for your own flight? he's a lawyer...
i hope everything is okay with what was going on earlier. :(
i love you tons.
Post a Comment