I woke up feeling alive today.
It's beautiful outside. The air feels crisp and clean, and there is a clear need for a jacket if you venture outside, but the sun is shining, beautiful and bright, after a thunderstorm the night before that can only be described in one word: magnificent. The dampness is long gone, leaving in its place trees that are blooming too early and migratory birds that seem a bit confused, for this time of year.
Technically, my weekend started at 12:50 this afternoon. There is something incredibly liberating about knowing that the weekend is upon you -- especially when your weekend involves your darling boyfriend and your two best friends; the latter of which you haven't seen since mid-late December. Ah, yes. That will put you in the goodest of good moods.
My current fantasy, which I have been daydreaming about on a semi-regular basis recently, involves living in a totally swank apartment (or condo?) downtown in some trendy -- but not cliche -- city. I want to come home after a long day of work and drink martinis with my girlfriends from pretty little glasses that I carefully selected and paid full price for at Crate & Barrel. When I'm not at work in disgusting scrubs, I want to wear sexy dresses and four inch heels (Christian Louboutins will do), just because it's a Wednesday and I like feeling pretty. I want to wear panties that match my bras and go downtown with my friends on a nightly basis for a drink and an appetizer. I want to go to art auctions and fill my flat up with tasteful furniture. I want to bake on a regular basis and disregard the fact that my waistline could do without it. I want my boyfriend to [continue] to read to me while we're laying in bed together on Saturday morning (thank God I have a boyfriend who CAN read.) I want to have Champagne Fridays and Sushi Saturdays. I want to go shopping for local pottery and have wine shipped to me from all over the world.
:)
Mmmmmmhmmmmm.
I can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

3 comments:
two things:
one: I've always thought that you know you have officially entered adulthood when your bra matches your panties. currently, i have on ridiculous black lace panties (laundry day) and a tattered old nude bra. not to mention my polka dotted socks...
two: champagne and sushi are my two favorites. i'm so into your fantasy it's not even funny.
p.s. goodest of good is the best thing i think you have ever written.
about number one, OMG it's so weird that you said that! today when i was driving home (right before i called you) a local afternoon radio show was talking about "moments/events that made you feel like/realize that you are an adult."
yay!
SO. im obsessed with your post. and your fantasies.. my mouth was watering.. and not at the discussion of your bra and panties like you may have assumed. lol.. I CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOU. :)
also, i think saying that your bf can read is a bit of an understatement. lol.
Post a Comment