I had a patient die today. It was just so incredibly sad. My heart broke for the family of this woman. Her husband just looked so devastated (and rightfully so.) And for it to be on Christmas Eve, man. I was cleaning her up before the morgue came to get her and I was just trying so hard not to cry the whole time.
I also had a patient that I knew for the first time ever. I also got to see his mom and his sister and the pastor from the church that I used to go to.
Not gonna lie, that last part was kinda awkies. But it was good to see my friend.
Merry Christmas to all :]

4 comments:
omg- im sorry about the lady. that had to have been devastating.. how old was she?
I'm not exactly sure, but she was pretty old. she looked older than your grandma. it was so sad.
i can't even imagine that. i'm so sorry that you had to do that, but i'm also proud of you... because you are wonderful. also i miss you terribly. when will you be back in wilmington?
this friday I am going down with my family to have christmas round 2 with my mom's family. if you two are in town/in topsail, we should try to do something PLEASE. I miss you both!
Post a Comment