24 December 2007

x-posted from yesterday.

Christmas Eve is tomorrow!

I'm so excited. It took me until today to get REALLY excited about Christmas.
Yesterday my mother and I spent the entire day baking Christmas cookies! It was so much fun, I had been looking forward to doing that.

Thursday I went back to work in the brand new trauma center, which is now surgical-trauma intensive care. It's HUGE. Now instead of 10 beds, there are 29. (Trauma was ten beds, SI was ten beds, so we added nine more.) All of the rooms are private and have double doors, which is completely brilliant because it's SO much easier to get a bed in and out.

There are two nurses' stations, two clean utility rooms, two soiled utility rooms, two clean equipment rooms, a shit ton of bathrooms, and a gigantic employee lounge with a full kitchen. it's beautiful.

I spent an hour in radiology on Thursday, which is by far the longest I've ever spent in x-ray before. Anyway, I'm working eight hours tomorrow, 7a-3p. Shouldn't be too bad. Sure, I have to get up early...but, it's Christmas Eve, and I'm in the Christmas spirit :]

No comments: