Dear Amanda, (I've decided that this blog thing might work better for me if I started to fashion it in the form of a letter to you, like pen pals.)
Dear Amanda,
We have talked extensively about tattoos in the past. About stuff you wanted, about how I dislike them, but simultaneously love your first one, blah blah. More than one conversation has been had about tattoos.
I still, for the most part, dislike tattoos. Maybe that's the wrong way to phrase it. I enjoy other people's tattoos. But I have a hard time imagining myself with one.
Here's the kicker:
Lately, I kind of want one. A small one. That I could easily hide. A bird. A dove or a sparrow. I don't know. Still, I'm not sure if I can picture myself "tatted up," if you will. I've been thinking about it, though, and I kind of want one.
I don't know if I could go through with it. Needles make me kind of want to pass out (and I'm good at giving shots!). Pretty much every time I've ever gotten anything pierced (7 holes total) I've nearly fainted. I blame my irrational fear on my chronic bouts with strep throat as a child, which always culminated in me lying face-down on the examining table in my pediatrician's office, getting a penicillin injection in my hip. To paint a better picture, the needle is huge and penicillin is as thick as peanut butter. Awful experience.
I'm also scared that I would immediately regret it. Do other people ever feel that way? I don't know.
Anyway, I kind of want a bird tattoo. I've been looking at pictures online for a while. I guess we'll see what happens. This is the kind of thing that might take me years to decide on, you know.
What do you think?
I miss you.
XOXO,
Kitty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
clicky
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(20)
-
▼
August
(12)
- Dear Amanda,
- Dear Amanda,It turns out that it is actually reall...
- Where there's hooch, there's hope
- what's in a name?
- ink smear
- Subjects, Verbs, Articles, Oh my!
- rainy day funk
- sup blog
- political overtones
- Stay tuned, folks.
- I think that I will always associate the smell of ...
- Blogging again? Maybe.
-
▼
August
(12)

2 comments:
Well, I don't know. You have always been against getting a tattoo yourself. You know that I love tattoos and I think one would look great on you (especially a bird because bird tattoos are my favorite!). I also always almost fainted when pierced but did not have trouble with that tattoo, I didn't find it nearly as painful. That being said, I was terrified. I was terrified that it would hurt AND i was terrified that I would really regret it. I don't regret mine, but I always wanted one. I think you should wait it out a little while and see if you feel like you still want one later.
I agree. I've been thinking about it a lot lately, but it's a pretty big decision. I may have to give this one a couple of years before I move one way or the other on it.
At the end of the day, I just don't know if I have it in me to put it on me. We'll see I guess. Either way, I've had fun looking at pictures.
Post a Comment