It's been raining all day here. Surprisingly (or not, I can't decide), the rain hasn't affected my mood. I hate rain when I have to go to class in it, but today, there has been something soothing -- therapeutic, even -- about it.
With that said, I've been completely worthless all day. I had an early doctor's appointment, which just ruined me for the entire day. (This appointment was scheduled for me after surgery. Personally, I would never intentionally schedule an appointment that early on a day when there's no reason for me to be up before noon. I told myself that the benefit of being there so early was that I wouldn't have to wait, and I was satisfied with this.)
I arrived on time for my appointment, knowing that because it was just a follow-up, there would be no paperwork. I waited 30 minutes for the nurse to take me back to the exam room. I waited almost 20 minutes before the doctor saw me.
He looked in my throat and my ears, asked me a couple of questions.. we exchanged pleasantries, shook hands, and it was over. The entire interaction couldn't have lasted more than five minutes. Glad I waited almost an hour for that.
Anyway, I came home and slept for three hours and I've just been eh all day. I felt better after sleeping some more, but I just haven't been able to motivate myself to do anything other than watch tv and eat cookies and blog all day.
I have to make myself to something outside the house tomorrow. We'll see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
clicky
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(20)
-
▼
August
(12)
- Dear Amanda,
- Dear Amanda,It turns out that it is actually reall...
- Where there's hooch, there's hope
- what's in a name?
- ink smear
- Subjects, Verbs, Articles, Oh my!
- rainy day funk
- sup blog
- political overtones
- Stay tuned, folks.
- I think that I will always associate the smell of ...
- Blogging again? Maybe.
-
▼
August
(12)

No comments:
Post a Comment