14 August 2009

Subjects, Verbs, Articles, Oh my!

There is a girl, who shall remain nameless, with whom I attended high school. Because of this, we are friends on Facebook.

Yes, this is another post about Facebook. Clearly I do not have enough meaningful nonsense to fill my day with in the absence of a school schedule.


She has a blog. I read it only occasionally, because she mostly writes about her marriage to someone who, quite frankly, looks like he could have had an uncomfortable conversation with Chris Hansen at some point.

But, all of this is beside the point.

She can't spell "and."


a-n-d.


In her blog and her Facebook status updates, she strictly writes "an" where clearly, she means "and."

Is this intentional? I don't know. Because of her consistent misuse of "an" in her status updates AND her blog, I'm somewhat inclined to believe that this is just a repeated mistake.


But... she graduated high school. And, to be an adult in the real world, you have to read stuff from time to time, even if the only way that you get news is from a TV broadcast and if you do all of your bill-paying online. You still have to read stuff occasionally.

So how is it that this mistake continues to be made?


The world may never know.

2 comments:

AC said...

ahahahahahaha

Catherine said...

it makes me cringe every time her status updates pop up in my news feed.